A strong appreciation for a collaborative process of dialogue and knowledge transfer as a means of achieving a new understanding and giving it tangible expression is at the core of the approach of the studio.
Collaboration that fosters mutual exchange of knowledge with professionals in different fields of building and construction is an essential part of the process of creating good design.
It is always about striking a balance between a well-managed process of design and a willingness to remain open to an exchange with professionals involved in the project, each bringing their own expertise to the process.
The studio understands the notion of project to mean a space of possibility and cooperation between different points of view.
Design is a democratic process where it is possible to experiment contaminations between arts and finding new potentials in the borderline area in-between one and another.
We strongly believe that art, and particularly architecture, doesn't need to reveal itself.
On the contrary, it is a question of sophisticated games based on hints that only viewers can achieve and complete.
In our approach to architecture we combine innovation with experience and a sense of respect for tradition and locality.Therefore, it is not about a geographical position but rather about an attitude that combines experience with openness and curiosity for experimentation.
Our goal is to create architecture and milieus that are functional, technically and ecologically sustainable, of aesthetically high quality, and committed to the location.
We have humbly learnt the appropriate methods of working with wood and steel from the masters of craftsmanship and enjoyed the seamless cooperation with the most skillful of structural engineers.
WE BELIEVE IN SUSTAINABILITY.
WE BELIEVE IN COLLABORATIVE PROCESS.
WE BELIEVE THAT ARCHITECTURE HAS A PIVOTAL ROLE IN THE SOCIETY AND THEREFORE WE ACCEPT THE RESPONSABILITY.
APPROACH TO A NEW PROJECT.
Phase 1 / DESIGN CONCEPTS.
In this first phase, we work with you to develop a broad concept and understanding of the project. We define an overall design program that will identify your priorities for the project. We meet with you on site and assess the site context, applicable regulatory requirements, climate characteristics, and aesthetics of the project. At the end of this phase we provide a set of conceptual drawings and images that describe the overall vision for the project. Phase 1 takes about 150 hours.
Phase 1 services include:
- 1 initial site visit/meeting with the client
- Development of the conceptual design
- 2 follow-up meetings with the client
- Conceptual designs:
- Preliminary study
- Architectural analysis and diagram of the site
- Conceptual floor plans
- 3D sketch
Phase 2 / PRICE DRAWINGS AND APPROVALS.
Based on the information developed in the first phase of the service, we continue to work with our clients to refine the design. During this phase, the client is able to make informed decisions about the project schedule, building size, massing, materials, permit restrictions, and budget requirements. Upon completion of this phase, we provide you with a set of pricing drawings suitable for building permits and general project pricing by qualified builders. In addition, upon completion of Phase 2, we are usually halfway through our services.
Phase 2 services follow those of Phase 1 and include:
- 4 project development meetings with the client
- Overall drawings for pricing and permitting:
- Dimensioned site plan(s)
- Dimensioned floor plan(s)
- Building elevations: overall shapes and materials
- Building sections: typical assemblies, floor levels, and structural concepts
- Preliminary structural design and coordination
- Door and window diagrams
- Outline project specifications
- Price and permit issuance Drawing set with project budget estimate form
- Review of detailed construction budget and assistance in contractor selection
Phase 3 / CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS AND CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION.
This phase of architectural services includes construction documents, interior design and construction administration. We work with you to build on the information defined in phases 1 and 2 and develop a set of construction documents covering interior areas, architectural details, structural components, and design integration, as well as comprehensive material and furniture selection and value engineering. We provide construction administration services that include regular site visits, field reports, and review of contractor payment claims.
Contractor Payment Claims.
Phase 3 services follow those of Phase 1 and 2 and include:
- 6-8 meetings with the client
- Drawings and construction documents:
- Building sections and details
- Primary interior elevations
- Finishing and cladding details
- Schematic of room finishes and lighting fixtures
- Lighting plan with scheme of light fixtures
- Coordination of structural engineering and detailing
- Bi-weekly site visits
- Field reports and minutes of meetings
- Issuance of project clarification drawings (SK Drawings), if necessary
- Review of payment requests